Johannesburg - Permanent
We are looking for Technical specialist to oversee the implementation of Anova’s Clinic-laboratory Interface activities with the aim of strengthening diagnostic processes in health facilities and ensuring achievement of a cost effective and high-quality service that support 90-90-90 Strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Programme Management
- Provide leadership and oversight to Anova on clinic-laboratory related aspects of the programme.
- Oversee implementation of Anova’s clinic-laboratory support activities at facility level, in line with project workplan & 90-90-90 strategy.
- Technical Support
- Provide technical support to facilities & sub-districts, and District re: implementation of CLI activities in line with 90-90-90 Facility & sub-district implementation plan.
- Provide TA to HIV testing teams and Anova staff to ensure successful implementation of HIV testing Quality assurance, HIV rapid test quality Improvement Initiative (RTQII) and Proficiency testing at Anova supported sites.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Identify and establish working relationships with critical programme stakeholders (E.g. District laboratory co-ordinator, NHLS personnel).
- Work closely with Anova HIV testing programme managers & co-ordinators..
- Manage and maintain functional relations with all internal and external stakeholders including DOH, and other Partners.
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Degree in Biomedical Technology or relevant qualification.
- HPCSA registration as a Medical Technologist.
- More than eight years’ post qualification working experience.
- Previous experience working with the Department of Health and donor funded organisations will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of HIV/ART/TB related policies and guidelines.
- Willing to travel within the districts or supported facilities both local and at national level.
- Ability to facilitate training, mentoring and coaching.
- Flexible, perseverant and resilient.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Good Project Management skills.
- Solution driven and self motivated.
- Excellent knowledge of Laboratory results interpretation.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Gontse Simelane: email@example.com
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Early application is therefore highly recommended.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.