City of Johannesburg/Sedibeng - Permanent
Ref No: SX00034/19
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a Technical Advisor who will develop and implement activities aimed at strengthening psychosocial support for PLHIV including scale up of HIV testing, care and support for children & adolescents in and outside DoH health facilities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Support implementation of HIV Programme, as outlined in the work plan
- Strengthen referral linkages within the health systems, especially between health facilities and CBO’s in partnering with other organisations, Anova and DoH staff
- Oversee the implementation of the KidzAlive (KA) model, National Adherence Strategy as well as adolescent support groups within the facilities and Anova staff
- Support DoH/Anova counsellors and clinicians to conduct paediatric case-finding at adult, adolescent and paediatric antiretroviral (ART) sites
- Provide adherence support for patients at high risk of treatment failure
- Identify training needs within the organisation and the DoH facilities
- Attend to stakeholders meetings including facility/sub district management meetings
- Manage Social Auxiliary workers, Counsellors, and provide support to the Linkage Officers
Essential qualifications and experience
- Degree in Social Science or relevant health related qualification
- Registration with the relevant South African Council or Professional Body
- At least 5 years of experience working in Paediatric and/or HIV programmes, including supervising Social Auxiliary workers or other junior staff
- Training in I-ACT and NAS (National Adherence Strategy) and KidzAlive
- Good presentation and excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good report writing skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
Submit your CV and application letter to Stompie Xulu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.