Limpopo Province - Permanent
Do you enjoy working with people? Are you a specialist in designing, implementing and overseeing Adolescent specific HIV prevention, care and treatment programmes? Are you a leader, innovative and strategic thinker? Anova has a vacancy that could be perfect for you!
We are looking for a Technical Advisor for Adolescent services to lead Anova’s Adolescent programme at community level, primary healthcare facilities and hospitals across supported districts, to provide strategic leadership, skills development, stakeholder liaison/engagement and research. Successful incumbent will also provide expert psychosocial care and carry out evaluations to advance adolescent HIV prevention, care and treatment services across Anova.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Strategic leadership of Anova’s Adolescent HIV prevention, care and treatment programme with regards to comprehensive psychosocial and clinical services delivered either at community, primary healthcare facilities and hospital level. This includes setting up and expansion of adolescent specific centre of excellence sites.
- Adolescent HIV prevention and care programme, implementation and review.
- Facilitation of skills development programmes on adolescent HIV prevention and care services.
- Stakeholder collaboration and engagement.
- Community engagement and management of relations with community structures in collaboration with adolescents.
- Content development and moderation for adolescent related programmes.
- Develop and maintain contacts and relationships with strategic partners or stakeholders.
- Organise campaigns, group dialogues, etc. aimed at targeting adolescent and young women, in line with project work plan.
- Work together with HCT team (DoH, Anova, HIV SA and other stakeholders) to mobilise adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) for HCT.
- Promote project activities/initiatives aimed at AGYW using different types of media platform (e.g. community radio station, community newsletters or newspaper, etc).
- Support the implementation of AYFS programme at Anova support sites, working with paediatric HIV team leaders.
- Facilitate group dialogues for AGYW, focusing on sexual-reproductive health, violence prevention and post- violent care.
- Contribute to work plan implementation and development.
- Provide constant feedback on programme developments on a weekly basis.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Qualification in Nursing with registration as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council (SANC).
- NIMART trained mentored and certified.
- 3 years’ experience as a Professional Nurse, Including working experience within TB, HIV and AIDS environment.
- Trained on the AYFS programme experience implementing the AYFS at facility level.
- Experience in community outreach (an advantage).
- Experience in engaging with adolescent and youth.
- Proficiency in MS office.
- Driver’s license and willing to travel around Capricorn district as when required.
- Facilitation, training and mentoring experience.
- Experience in writing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to formulate relevant working relationships and networks.
- Research experience (an advantage).
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at email@example.com
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 19 January 2021