City of Johannesburg – 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Ref No: SX0055/19
We are looking for a Social Worker who will be supporting the Clinical Forensic Units (CFU) in City of Johannesburg. CFU are what was previously called Rape Crisis Centres – they provide clinical care and counselling support to victims of physical, sexual and domestic abuse.
Anova Health Institute an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Render health social work service with regard to psycho-social support, protection and development of vulnerable individuals, groups, families and communities through the CFM Program.
- Be able to conduct assessment, intervene, implement, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the recommended interventions.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team and participate in stakeholder’s meetings.
- Generate weekly and monthly statistics and reports and attend relevant meetings.
- Be prepared to testify in court for GBV patients when necessary.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Social Science (Social Work) or relevant qualification
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Experience in Clinical Forensic Medicine and Gender Based Violence would be advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate – MS Office Packages (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel & PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work under pressure & independently
- Basic understanding of relevant legislation that governs Clinical Forensic Medicine.
- Evidence of registration with professional regulatory body.
Submit your CV and application letter to Stompie Xulu at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 30 April 2019