Cape Town – fixed term x 6 months
Ref No: KK/0051/19
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Anova Health Institute together with the Aurum institute are undertaking Biological and Behavioural Surveillance Surveys (BBS) with Population Size Estimation among men who have sex with men (MSM).
We are looking for a detail oriented and focused Site Coordinator to assume overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the research team.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Implementation of study protocols, RDS Sampling, face-to-face structured interviews, specimen collection and off-site laboratory testing.
- Compliance monitoring in line with ethical guidelines
- Coordination and oversight of site and all field research staff
- Data quality management
- Procurement and maintenance of study/site supplies and materials
- Budget planning and reconciliation
- Ensuring participant flow, participant confidentiality, and safety measures at site
- Communication coordination between study sites and other partner organisations
- Daily and weekly progress reviews and reporting
Essential qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s/ Honours or Masters Degree in Public Health or other Social Sciences (Anthropology, sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Demography, etc.) or National Diploma/ Degree in Nursing
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in HIV and AIDS related research.
- At least 2- 3 years’ experience of managing a mobile team
- Experience in working on HIV-related study projects and familiarity with MSM community issues would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Computer literate on Ms Office
- Basic knowledge of HR principles and budgeting skills
- Able to work evenings and weekends when required
- Fluent in at least two official South African local languages
- Able to work independently and meet objectives with minimal direct supervision
Submit your CV and application letter to Khanyisile Kheswa at email@example.com
Please specify the above position and reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 22 March 2019