Sedibeng - Permanent
Ref No: LM/0619/19
Anova Health Institute is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a skilled senior clinical advisor to oversee the implementation of the 90-90-90 HIV and TB strategy to provide technical support, capacity building and strategic leadership within Sedibeng District. The senior clinical advisor will lead and work with Anova clinical/technical sub district support team, district and facilities in managing and development of all keys aspects to strengthen the HAST programme. They will provide training, mentoring and support to Department of Health (DoH) clinicians on the clinical management of HIV and TB patients.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Providing direct technical assistance to health care facilities, which include training and mentoring on HIV/TB and related guidelines, SOPs etc. of staff on and off-site, facilitation of community linkages, patient flow analysis and quality improvement plans
- Oversee the PMTCT, TB and Advanced clinical care programme
- Providing direct support to health care providers to ensure clinical HIV care/management is conducted according to national guidelines and in a timely manner
- Provide clinical care to clients in line with DOH TB/HIV and other guidelines
- Support the strengthening, development and management of clinical systems related to HIV/AIDS service scale-up, including M&E system, national adherence strategy implementation
- Provide technical support to the DoH on policy and guideline implementation
- Participate in annual planning and review of strategy at District, sub-district and facility level to ensure team activities are in line with 90-90-90 strategy
- Identify and manage risks which can lead to poor implementation of strategy and plans
- Conduct monthly and quarterly data analysis for all supported facilities with development of quality improvement plans to address the gaps
- Manage a sub-district team in conjunction with other line managers to ensure efficient project delivery
- Active stakeholder engagement with the DoH and other partners within Sedibeng District
Essential qualifications and experience
- MBCHB degree and registered as a Medical Practitioner with HPCSA
- Diploma in HIV management an advantage
- Diploma or Masters in Public Health an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ clinical experience post community service in the public health sector
- 3-5 years’ clinical experience in comprehensive HIV, TB and STI management
- Experience in training, material development and quality improvement an advantage
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team
- Proficiency in MS office
- Good report writing skills
Submit your CV and application letter to Lukhanyiso Manganyi firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above position and reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.