Mopani - Permanent
(2 x Phalaborwa) (1 x Letaba)
We are looking for Retention Counsellors who will be responsible to enhance retention in care with specific focus on patients (re)initiating ART, patients that are virally unsuppressed despite effective ART and patients at high risk of disengaging from care. To provide comprehensive and supportive adherence counselling as per the National Adherence Strategy (NAS) SOP 1 and SOP 2, including I-ACT model. The successful incumbents will also be required to conduct counselling sessions in a non-judgmental manner ensuring confidentiality according to the counselling standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive counselling to promote retention in line with DoH policies and guidelines and in line with district 909090 DIP and sub-district IP 909090 plans
- Recruit and receive referrals of high-risk patients such as pregnant women, paediatrics, adolescents and youth
- Promote and facilitate index testing and partner disclosure using the Index Screening Tool and actively refer for HTS
Stakeholder Engagement, Reporting and Administration
- Act upon the recommendations and outcomes of the TRAP Meetings
- Collaborate with Ward Based Outreach Team, DoH Social Workers, Dieticians, Lay Counsellors and Clinicians for bi-lateral referrals
- Report as per agreed timelines to Professionals at the facility or other Anova team members as required
Engagement with DoH and Anova staff
- Be available to work on weekends &/ or public holidays to provide adherence counselling at DoH facilities when required, a minimum of at least one Saturday per month (When required)
- Form part of a multidisciplinary teams within Anova to promote 90% retention
- Attend facility meetings as required to discuss Psychosocial related issues
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Training in Basic HAST, HIV counselling, Adherence counselling
- Certificate in couple counselling, RTCQI, disclosure and paediatric consent an advantage
- Knowledge of DoH HCT guidelines & NAS
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as an HTS counsellor/ Adherence counsellor
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage relationships
- Ability to speak local language (Xitsonga/Sepedi)
Advantageous Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- General knowledge of health education
- General knowledge of TB/HIV/PMTCT programme guidelines/counselling messages
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Tiyiselani Nkuna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 06 December 2021
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.