Cape Town - Permanent
APACE: Western Cape
We are looking for a Project Manager to lead & oversee implementation of Anova’s HIV prevention, care and treatment program for adolescents & young people (10 – 24 yrs. old) with a specific focus on the provision of adolescent-appropriate services across health facilities in the City of Cape Town. The Adolescent and Youth Project Manager (AYP) will be working closely with management, Department of Health and other stakeholders, and will be responsible for providing programmatic and technical inputs on all operational aspects of the Adolescent & Youth Program.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To implement a data-driven support model/strategy for Anova’s HIV prevention, care and treatment programme for adolescents, focusing at both community and healthcare facility level, in line with DOH and PEPFAR HIV prevention and management strategy and guidelines.
- Oversee the implementation of HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxi (PrEP) in Adolescents and Youth.
- Support the development & implementation of package of care interventions for adolescents at health facility & community level, in line with Adolescent targeted DREAMS program/She Conquers package and workplan.
- Produce a list of strategic partners and stakeholders that are directly linked with program goals and objective, constantly work with the various stakeholders to strengthen linkage while increasing reach: depth of content and support of behaviour change interventions.
- Contribute to work plan implementation and development.
- Report programme findings to internal and external stakeholders in aid of programme advocacy.
- Manage a diverse team of staff in conjunction with other line managers in order to ensure efficient project delivery.
Essential qualifications and experience
- A degree in Social Science or health related qualification.
- Master’s degree in Health sciences or social sciences advantageous.
- Registration with relevant professional body.
- Must have 10 years’ experience in the HIV field, with at least 5 years of focusing on adolescent specific programmes.
- Visible part of relevant networks, technical working groups and committees.
- Driver’s license and willingness to use own car.
- Background knowledge of adolescent and youth health policy.
- Experience in community outreach an advantage.
- Understanding of stakeholder relations.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Good understanding of the NGO structure and sound knowledge and understanding of national public health priority programs.
- Computer Literate – MS Office Packages (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel & PowerPoint).
Submit your CV and application letter to Pumla Grootboom at email@example.com
Please specify the above position and reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 22 October 2020