Cape Town - Permanent
APACE: Western Cape
We are looking for a Lead Regional Coordinator to oversee implementation of Anova’s HIV prevention, care and treatment programme for adolescents & young people (10 – 24 yrs. old) with a specific focus on the provision of adolescent-appropriate services across the City of Cape Town. The AYP Project Manager will be working closely with management and be responsible for providing programmatic and technical inputs on all operational aspects of the Adolescent & Youth Program.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To implement a data-driven support model/strategy for Anova’s HIV prevention, care and treatment programme for adolescents, focusing at both community and healthcare facility level, in line with DOH HIV prevention and management guidelines.
- Support the development & implementation of package of care interventions for adolescents at health facility & community level, in line with DREAMS/She Conquers package and work-plan.
- Produce a list of strategic partners and stakeholders that are directly linked with programme goals and objective, constantly work with the various stakeholders to strengthen linkage while increasing reach: depth of content and support of behaviour change interventions.
- Contribute to work plan implementation and development.
- Report programme findings to internal and external stakeholders in aid of programme advocacy.
- Manage a diverse team of staff in conjunction with other line managers in order to ensure efficient project delivery.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- A degree in Social Science or health related qualification.
- Master’s degree in Health sciences or social sciences advantageous.
- Registration with relevant professional body.
- Must have 10 years’ experience in the HIV field, with at least 5 years of focusing on adolescent specific programmes.
- Visible part of relevant networks, technical working groups and committees.
- Driver’s license and willingness to use own car.
- Background knowledge of adolescent and youth health policy.
- Experience in community outreach an advantage.
- Understanding of stakeholder relations.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Good understanding of the NGO structure and sound knowledge and understanding of national public health priority programs.
- Computer Literate – MS Office Packages (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel & PowerPoint).
Submit your CV and application letter to Pumla Grootboom at email@example.com
Please specify the above position and reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 22 January 2021