City of Johannesburg
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Medical Practitioner with experience working in the Public Health sector within HIV/TB/PMTCT programmes to join our team as the Programme Manager: Quality TB/HIV services. The incumbent will assist the Provincial Programme Manager to manage the implementation of Anova’s 90-90-90 strategy including work plan activities in line with 90-90-90 targets, and to support the City of Johanesburg Health District with the 90-90-90 District Implementation Plan process and monitoring of monthly and quarterly performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Programme Management
- Oversee and take responsibility for the clinical implementation of the HIV/TB 90-90-90 programme
- Manage relevant aspects of programme monitoring and evaluation, including data collection, analysis and reporting
- Manage the budget and allocate resources (HR and other) accordingly to ensure programme targets and work plan deliverables are met
- Technical Support
- Ensure that agreed activities are successfully implemented in facilities at cluster and sub-district level
- Actively participate in District 90-90-90 technical working groups or Steering Committees, and other relevant forums with DOH and other stakeholders
- Lead Anova Technical programme managers (Community programme manager, Adolescent and Youth programme manager, Pharmacy managers, etc.) and other managers in planning, developing and reviewing cluster and sub-district strategies and workplans to ensure targets are reached
- Team Management and Stakeholder management
- Manage a diverse team of staff and collaborate with other line managers to reach objectives
- Co-ordinate USAID funder performance review visits and meetings and guide cluster/sub-district teams on the process
- Manage and maintain functional relations with all internal and external stakeholders including City of Johannesburg, donors and partners
- Support and participate in relevant research processes
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- MBChB degree qualification or a relevant degree in Health Sciences or Social Sciences
- At least 8 years’ post tertiary working experience; with a minimum of 2 years in team management or a supervision role.
- At least 4 years’ experience working with HIV/TB patients
- At least two years demonstrated experience in a senior management role
- Knowledge of latest HIV/TB/PMTCT guidelines
- Knowledge of 90-90-90 strategy and other health-related policies
- Ability to travel within City of Johannesburg Health District
- Valid registration with a professional body (HPCSA)
- Excellent written and communication skills in English (proficiency in other official languages preferred).
Advantageous Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Own transport
- Diploma in HIV Management an advantage
- Master’s degree in Public Health (or equivalent an advantage)
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Good report writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Mandlakayise Hlatikwa; at recruitment-COJ@anovahealth.co.za
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Early application is therefore highly recommended.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.