City of Johannesburg/Sedibeng - Permanent
Ref No: OD0028/19
We are looking for a Professional Nurse to support initiation of HIV infected clients on ART and ensure full implementation of the 90 90 90 activities.
Anova Health Institute an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work in DoH PHC facilities and/or hospitals to initiate ART for eligible HIV infected clients
- Provide follow up care for patients on treatment in line with DoH HIV Management guidelines as well as Anova work plan and Facility 90-90-90 plans
- Routinely monitor performance & registers of (TB/HIV/PMTCT) programmes at facility level and provide mentorship & technical support where required
- Identify poor performing indicators, put together quality improvement (QI) plans and implement as agreed upon with the team & facilities
- Identify training needs at facility level and arrange in-service training where needed
- Use relevant M&E tools to report weekly to Anova sub-district team on number of clients initiated on ART
- Support facilities with implementation of I-ACT support groups and Chronic treatment clubs in line with Anova’s work plan
- Form part of Anova sub-district team and provide monthly facility report to line manager (Re: ART initiation, viral load done, etc.)
Essential qualifications and experience
- A degree or diploma qualification as a Professional Nurse.
- Registration as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council
- NIMART trained and certified as competent to work independently
- At least 3 years’ experience in working at a clinic (PHC or CHC) facility
- At least 1 years NIMART experience will be an advantage (NIMART training and mentorship will be provided to successful candidates that require training)
- Familiar with latest HIV Management, TB and PMTCT guidelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking skills
Submit your CV and application letter to Stompie Xulu at email@example.com.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.