City of Johannesburg –Permanent
APACE Plus: COJ Omnipark Project
We are looking for Professional Nurses to support initiation of HIV infected clients on ART, PrEP, STI treatment and ensure full implementation of the 90 90 90 activities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work with the outreach teams to get referrals and to initiate ART for eligible HIV infected clients including PrEP.
- Provide follow up care for patients on treatment in line with DoH HIV Management guidelines as well as Anova work plan and Facility 90-90-90 plans.
- Routinely monitor performance & registers of (TB/HIV/STI) programmes at facility level and provide mentorship & technical support where required.
- Identify poor performing indicators, put together quality improvement (QI) plans and implement as agreed upon with the team.
- Identify training needs at facility level and arrange in-service training where needed.
- Train clinic staff on MSM Diversity trainer and biomedical training and mentor staff at facilities.
- Use relevant M&E tools to report weekly to Anova sub-district team on number of clients initiated on ART.
- Support facilities with implementation of I-ACT support groups and Chronic treatment clubs in line with Anova’s work plan.
Essential qualifications and experience
- A degree or diploma qualification as a Professional Nurse.
- Registration as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council.
- NIMART trained and certified as competent to work independently.
- At least 4 years’ experience in working at a clinic (PHC or CHC) facility.
- At least 2 years NIMART experience.
- Familiar with latest HIV Management, PrEP, STI and TB and guidelines.
- PHC Qualification is advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Driver’s License is required and ability to drive.
Submit your CV and application letter to Masingita Chauke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 20 October 2020