APACE: Western Cape- Cape Town Office
Ref No: FM/00103/19
Anova Health Institute is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a skilled professional nurse to support initiation of HIV infected clients on ART and ensure full implementation of the 90 90 90 activities at facility level.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work in DoH PHC facilities and/or hospitals to initiate & follow up HIV infected clients on ART (Both adults, children, pregnant women and TB/HIV co-infected patients) in line with DoH HIV Management guidelines and in line with Anova workplan and Facility 90-90-90 plans
- Provide PICT, screening for TB, STI, Hypertension & Diabetes and manage symptomatic patients appropriately
- Provide phlebotomy services for pre-treatment (baseline investigations) as well as monitoring (follow-up) patients of patients with HIV and TB.
- Ensure clients are referred to higher level of care when required, in line with DoH referral policies
- Ensure accurate completion of clinical stationery and relevant DOH registers daily
- Working with Anova team, conduct clinic file audits (Adult ART, Paediatric ART, PMTCT, TB) for each supported facility and implement corrective measures where needed
- Work with Anova sub-district team to use data to identify poor performing facilities, put together QI plans and implement QI plans as agreed upon with the team & facilities
- Be available to support Anova & DoH HCT events/campaigns (or any other related outreach activities) on weekdays & weekends when requested
- Support facilities with implementation of I-ACT support groups and Chronic treatment clubs in line with Anova workplan
- Supervise and oversee Anova Linkage Officers/Counsellors, data capture and Enrolled Nurses working in allocated facilities
- Meet regularly with Anova DSD staff in same facility (LO, data capture and EN) to review progress towards targets and address implementation challenges
Essential qualifications and experience
- A Degree or Diploma in Nursing with valid SANC registration
- At least 2 years’ experience in working at a clinic (PHC or CHC) facility
- Certificate in NIMART or basic HIV Management with at least 2 years’ experience managing patients with HIV and TB
- Knowledge of current guidelines and experience in HIV/PMTCT/TB programmes
- PC 101/APC (Adult Primary Care) certificate, an advantage
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively
- Supervisory and Leadership Skills
- Written and oral communication skills are required
- Self-disciplined and able to work unsupervised
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Resilience to change
Submit your CV and application letter to Fuzile Madikane at email@example.com.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.