Cape Town - Permanent
APACE: Western Cape
We are looking for a Pharmacist to provide technical support, capacity building and health system strengthening to the pharmaceutical services in the DOH at facility level in order to ensure adequate access to drugs and improved quality of public health services. The successful candidate will be a member of a clinical / technical support team and will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide suitable support for the implementation, improvement and expansion of HIV and related public health care services.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Identify training needs for pharmacy staff at sites and facilitate training provision to meet requirements.
- Provide mentorship to staff at facilities on drug management especially HIV/TB and STI’s.
- Implement technical assistance to facilities supported by ANOVA.
- Provide supervision to Pharmacist Assistants placed within supported facilities.
- Conduct in service training for Health care workers in order to upkeep Good Pharmacy Practices.
- Provide oversight to Pharmacy support staff on correct dispensing practices, interpretation of prescriptions, knowledge of side effects.
- Provide updates to relevant staff regarding HIV/TB related policy and guideline changes.
- Build relations with DOH/CCT pharmacy management.
- Work closely with Monitoring and Evaluation department to review facility data and provide feedback to clinics.
- Willingness to travel to all facilities within the Western Cape to provide required support.
- Support the pharmaceutical aspect of Differentiated Models of Care within the District Health System.
- Function as part of a multi-disciplinary team to improve patient outcomes and indicator performance.
- Conduct folder reviews to establish gaps for improvement.
- Establish, implement and monitor quality improvement plans based on identified gaps.
Essential qualifications and experience
- B. Pharm degree.
- Currently registered as a pharmacist with SAPC.
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a qualified pharmacist.
- 4 years’ experience in HIV/TB management within public health sector.
- Experience in ART adherence models.
- Experience in facilitating pharmacy-related training and workshops.
- Establish relations with Department of Health (DoH) and City of Cape Town (CCT).
- Firm understanding of DoH & CCT IM and Pharmacy systems.
- Public Health NPO exposure advantageous.
- Supervisory and Leadership Skills.
- Resilience to change.
- Valid driver’s license.
Submit your CV and application letter to Pumla Grootboom at email@example.com
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.Good luck!
Closing date: 22 January 2021