Mopani: Limpopo Province
Fixed Term Contract – 04 Months
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for adolescents Peer Educators to enhance behavioral modification strategies implemented by ANOVA for AYFS program. Focused on health promotion and education to promote healthy behaviors and prevent risk behaviors in adolescents. The intervention will focus on case identification, linkage to care; and retention strategies meant for strengthening retention outcome for adolescents and young people.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide health education with Anova/DoH teams to adolescents
- Participate in outreach campaigns to reach adolescents and distribute IEC material in the facility and the community.
- Improve access and uptake of HTS and linkage to care by adolescents
- Support facilitation of adolescents support groups in AYFS focused facilities.
- Work closely with clinical teams to enhance retention in care.
- Improve retention in care and adolescents clinical outcomes.
- Create a safe space for adolescents to discuss social and health-related issues affecting them
- Assist with transitioning adolescents to adult services
- Provide support to Adolescent and Youth Friendly Service Provision (AYFS)
- Serve as a link between adolescents, local clinics, CBOs and other health services within the community
- Maintain records for clients support by monitoring tools on HCT, tested, tested HIV positive, linked into care, SRH and treatment adherence counselling
Essential qualifications and experience
- Grade 12
- Local youth between 19 and 24 years of age
- Currently unemployed and not engaged in formal education
- Experience in public speaking and previous leadership roles an advantage
- Good Facilitation and Report writing skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Punctual, Reliable and organized
- Knowledge and experience in engaging with adolescents
- Excellent Interpersonal and mobilizing skills
- Prior knowledge of HIV/AIDS and a recognized HIV counselling certificate would be a distinct advantage.
- Able to conduct life skills and HIV/AIDS-related discussion groups
Submit your CV and application letter to Thembi Tambani at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: 29 May 2019