Limpopo Province - Fixed Term
Capricorn: Lepelle Nkumpi, Molemole and Polokwane East
We are looking for Adolescent Peer Educators to enhance behavioral modification strategies implemented by Anova for Adolescent and Youth Friendly Service (AYFS) program, to focus on health promotion and education, to promote healthy behaviors and prevent risk behaviors in adolescents. The intervention will focus on case identification, linkage to care and retention strategies meant for strengthening retention outcome for adolescents and young people.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide health education, with Anova/DoH teams, to adolescents and youth in focused health facilities.
- Improve access and uptake of HTS and linkage to care by adolescents and young people.
- Support facilitation of adolescents’ support groups in AYFS facilities.
- Work closely with clinical teams to enhance retention and clinical outcomes.
- Improve retention in care and clinical outcome for adolescents living with HIV.
- Create a safe space for adolescents to discuss social and health-related issues affecting them.
- Assist with transitioning adolescents to adult services.
- Provide support to AYFS activities.
- Serve as a link between adolescents, local clinics, CBOs and other health services within the community.
- Maintain records for adolescents and youth supported through the monitoring tools: HCT, tested HIV positive, linked into care, SRH and treatment adherence care and support.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Grade 12.
- Local youth between 19 and 24 years of age.
- Currently unemployed and not engaged in formal education.
- Experience in public speaking and previous leadership roles an advantage.
- Good facilitation and report writing skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Punctual, reliable and organized.
- Knowledge and experience in engaging with adolescents.
- Excellent interpersonal and mobilizing skills.
- Prior knowledge of HIV/AIDS and a recognized HIV counselling certificate would be a distinct advantage.
- Able to conduct life skills and HIV/AIDS-related discussion groups.
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at Recruitmentcapricorn@anovahealth.co.za
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 20 February 2021