Limpopo Province – Capricorn: Molemole
We are looking for a Nurse Mentor to give technical support and capacity building on Comprehensive Care, Management and Treatment (CCMT) program and mentor staff at facilities in all areas of CCMT.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Health System Strengthening
- Mentoring of staff at facilities in all program areas of CCMT
- Initiate and organize internal training and workshops based on needs and request
- Support the Department of Health and collaborate with other NGO’s on implementation of CCMT program and community events
- Ensure implementation of the recent CCMT guidelines and protocols
- Identify program support needs at facilities and advise accordingly
- Facilitate integration of different CCMT services
- Support CCMDD program including Synch
Monitoring and Skill Development
- Design development plan, based on identified needs and develop materials together with senior medical officers
- Support the Department of Health in conducting training
- Empower colleagues (e.g. orientation and knowledge transfer)
- Provide solution on complicated cases together with clinic’s staff including referrals to relevant discipline to different levels of care
- Mentoring on acute service delivery in incidental cases including dispensing recording and counselling
Strengthening internal role and Administration
- Support all other Anova projects with planning, organizing and execution of support activities
- Assist with quarterly statistics collection
- Attend sub-district office meetings, internal meetings/workshops and skills development
- Timely submission of work plans, request and reports
- Ensure and maintain required quality of written communication including reports and emails
- Ensure documentation of tracing activities at facility level by staff involved and at community level by WBOTS teams reporting to supported facilities
- Support QI projects as assigned
- Support other interventions prioritized at any point during the performance contract period
- Do Research work as when required
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Professional Nurse with Midwifery Diploma or Degree and registered with South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- NIMART trained, mentored and certified as competent
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in working as a Professional Nurse including work in TB/HIV/AIDS environment
- Have knowledge and experience in TB/HIV/AIDS management
- Be able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to communicate in English and any other local language
- Proficiency in MS office
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at email@example.com
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Early application is therefore highly recommended.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.