Johannesburg Office – Permanent
We are looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support the implementation of the programme’s data and health information quality management plan, working with assigned facilities and sub district teams to optimize use of data to improve the effectiveness of the local data information.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Submit Accurate Weekly, Monthly Reports Timeously to programme Manager consistently.
- Provide M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) technical assistance as well as M&E guidelines/policies and support to Gert Sibande district and Limpopo Capricorn district.
- Enhance M&E/data-related capacity and skills among staff from DoH and Anova for MSM/TG.
- Ensure that HIV/ART/PrEP File audits are performed, including inspection, cleaning, transformation, and modelling of data with the goal of highlighting useful information, drawing conclusions which inform and support project decision-making.
- Identify gaps within the health system in relation to MSM/TG and implement quality improvement plans to address identified gaps.
- Lead the internal data verification/Validation and external verification by funders.
- Supervise & support data capturers in Gert Sibande and Limpopo Capricorn through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
- Ensure that data management documentation standards are always adhered to and TIER.Net/REDCap data cleaning before quarterly cohort reporting.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Degree in Social Sciences/ Health Information Sciences or any equivalent degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a data management environment.
- 2 years’ experience working with DHIS, TIER.Net, ETR and DoH M&E systems for HIV/TB Programmes.
- Strong personality and work ethic, with an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills, especially MS Excel.
Submit your CV and application letter to Ayanda Makhonza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 08 May 2020