City of Cape Town - Permanent
We are looking for various Monitoring and Evaluation Manager that will be responsible for coordinating data collection, collation, quality, reporting and capacity building at district level and sub district level. The M&E Manager will provide leadership to district data management and reporting teams, support health facility HMIS and data quality, and engage actively with Anova Parktown Data Management and Analytics teams. Contribute to the APACE project’s strategic instrument design, data collection, analysis and reporting activities and outcomes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee routine reporting into DATIM and support District Management teams to produce data quality narratives.
- Promote the use of data at various levels of programme implementation based on identified indicators.
- Conduct weekly, monthly, and quarterly data quality audits (DQAs) of reported data in conjunction with program managers, district technical support and M&E officers.
- Maintenance of standard health data information systems (HIS) such as TIER.Net, PHCIS, Prehmis, etc. across all Anova supported sites.
- Conduct appropriate onsite training; provide remedial plans; actively participate in resolving problems at the facility level.
- Supervision of M&E officers and day-to-day supervision of data capturing teams.
- Coordinate facility data capturing teams and resolve/fix data quality issues.
- Maintain a schedule of targeted funder site visits and provide M&E content for such visits.
- Provide on-going M&E technical assistance to Anova APACE staff, sub-grantees, and DOH, Community partners.
- Coordinate sub-district performance review meetings, and monitor remedial actions.
- Coordinate workplan implementation review process with Programme Managers.
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships with DOH, other Funded organisations & Provincial Sectoral Departments.
- Represent Anova at DOH HAST Directorate and Community meetings and forums.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- A First Degree.
- More than 4 years training or work experience in either: monitoring & evaluation, computer science, information systems, data management science, public health, health informatics, statistics/mathematics.
- At least 5 years of experience with Health Indicators, M&E, Data quality and reporting to DOH or PEPFAR.
- Experience with DHIS, Health Systems, ETR.NET, DATIM and health indicators.
- Experience in M&E Capacity building for facility level data capturing teams.
- Outstanding communication skills and report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Advanced Computer Skills, especially MS Excel.
- Knowledge of best practices.
- Experience in a clinical research environment.
- Experience implementing Monitoring and Evaluation plans.
- Experience with Health Systems, DHIS, Clinical stationery, DQA and Data feedback.
- Experience training and mentoring in Monitoring and Evaluation and familiarity with South Africa’s health information at public-sector facilities.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
Submit your CV and application letter to Filecia Schoeman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Early application is therefore highly recommended.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.