Johannesburg - Permanent
Ref No: SX00011/19
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for medical doctor to provide clinical care to patients at DOH hospitals. The successful doctor will work closely with Physicians & Infectious Disease specialists, to provide clinical assessment of eligible patients for ART initiation; start them on ART and manage those referred with complications of HIV or TB; in line with Dept. of Health guidelines.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Support linkage to ART for hospital in-patients who are eligible to start ART; including through DSD
- Review and manage patients with unsuppressed viral load on 2nd line ART regimen
- Manage patients with complications of HIV, TB, ART or TB medication
- Coach and train junior doctors and nursing staff on HIV management to ensure transfer of knowledge
- Establish and maintain functional referral networks with referring CHC and PHC facilities
- Support Quality Improvement activities that results in achievement of 90-90-90 goals at allocated hospital
Essential qualifications and experience
- MBChB degree with valid HPCSA registration as Independent Practioner
- Minimum 2 years’ post community service clinical experience
- HIV Management diploma or training an advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in comprehensive HIV management
- Good knowledge of Antiretroviral therapy, TB and chronic medication
- Demonstrate initiative, and the ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Good report writing skills
- Proficiency in Ms Office
Submit your CV and application letter to Stompie Xulu at email@example.com
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.