Johannesburg/Sedibeng - Permanent
Ref No: SX00033/19
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for medical doctor to provide clinical care to patients at allocated Johannesburg facilities, including hospitals. Identify patients in need of advanced clinical care for TB and establish referral pathways and or onsite services for these patients. Support the process of decentralized care for patients with DR TB (Drug Resistant Tuberculosis).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Implement HIV\AIDS\STI\TB comprehensive care programme at facility level
- Develop a first line ART failure adherence program for HIV/TB Co-infected clients
- Liaise with hospital infection control and TB nurse to ensure compliance with national standards for screening as well as isolation and treatment of patients with tuberculosis
- Manage patients with complications of HIV, TB, ART or TB medication
- Coordinate care of complex TB patients with other sub-specialties, e.g. respiratory clinic, cardio-thoracic surgery
- Supervise and train clinical staff to provide integrated ART and TB management
- Closely monitor Clinical & programme outcomes for patients co-infected with HIV and TB: VL completion & suppression; CD4, sputum conversion rates, TB treatment outcomes, RIC (Remain in Care) rates, LTF (Loss to Follow-Up) etc
- Monitor, evaluate and report on data collected from TB patients, linked to care, developments and challenges encountered
- Provide support and advice to clinicians (DOH & Anova) in need of guidance on clinical management of TB patients
- Establish and maintain functional referral networks with referring CHC and PHC facilities
- Comply with rules and regulations of the Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Support Quality Improvement activities that results in achievement of 90-90-90 goals at allocated hospital
Essential qualifications and experience
- MBChB degree with valid HPCSA registration as Independent Practioner.
- Community Service completed
- Diploma in HIV Management or other Post graduate qualification in either of the following HIV/ AIDS/ TB/ STI an advantage
- Post community service clinical experience managing HIV & TB infected clients in public health facilities
- HIV management experience essential
- Knowledge of 90-90-90 strategy and other Health related policies
- Experience in training and mentoring/coaching
- Problem solving skills and good team management experience
- Organized, proactive and team player
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Ms Office
Submit your CV and application letter to Stompie Xulu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.