Fixed Term Contract (6 months due to specific project support)
We are looking for an experienced Management Accountant who will be responsible for the management accounting functions and adhering to the organisations financial policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Analysis and reporting
- Wrap up of closed projects.
- Review and resolve outstanding queries on current projects and ensure a high quality of information going into the management packs.
- Assist the CFO and DCFO on any ad-hoc reports that is required and any other analytical work required.
- Assist the CFO and DCFO during the statutory and USAID audits with any ad-hoc duties and audit requirements.
- Creditors Reconciliations
- Ensure that monthly supplier recons are compiled and done and submitted for review. Follow up on any outstanding supplier reconciliations.
- Ensure that all recons are up to date for the financial year-end and annual audits.
- Provide assistance to the procurement manager on Supplier information as requested in the update of the Vendor database.
- Monitor and check project age analysis and ensure the creditors control accounts and age analysis agree.
- Assist project accountants in clearing long outstanding items on the Age analysis.
- During peak times assist the project accountants with the checking and validating of payments especially over month-end and year-end.
- Authorisation of new payment/supplier beneficiaries on the electronic banking system.
- Month End & Year-End
- Assist the Deputy Chief Financial Officer/Financial Manager in the preparation of reports or any statutory information required for the annual statutory and USAID audits.
- Assist the Deputy Chief Financial Officer/Financial Manager with any other ad-hoc reviews or financial reporting requirements.
- Assist and work with the Finance Assistances in resolving compliance issues and ensure daily follow-up and reconciliation of all compliance queries before the year-end closes.
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- BCom Honours Degree in Accounting and articles.
- 3 years’ experience in an Accountant role.
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- Pastel Evolution experience.
- Advanced experience with MS Excel.
- Pastel Evolution experience.
- Deadline-driven and good at self-management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage relationships.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Fuzile Madikane at email@example.com
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Early application is therefore highly recommended.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.