City of Johannesburg & Sedibeng – Permanent
Ref No: SX0004/19
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Do you enjoy working within the community, conducting outreach campaigns and HTS (HIV Testing Services)? Then look no further as we are looking for Counsellor Linkage Officer who will be responsible for HTS and ensure that proper linkage to care of all HIV infected patients is done according to DoH guidelines.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Be available to assist all HIV patients in the facility and from the community outreach sites
- Ensure that all clients tested HIV positive are linked into care and keep a record of how many are initiated on ART
- Providing HIV Testing Services (HTS) to clients in line with DoH policies and guidelines and in line with District 90-90-90 DIP and Sub-district IP 90-90-90 plans.
- Conduct tracing of patients who have missed their appointments or defaulted from care
- Keep an updated record of number of clients offered HTS, tested, tested HIV positive, linked into care, etc., in line with stationery used by DoH and Anova
- Attend facility meetings as required to discuss HTS/HIV/TB related issues
Essential qualifications and experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Training in Basic HAST, HIV Counselling, Adherence counselling
- Knowledge of DoH HTS guidelines & protocols.
- Experience working as an HCT counsellor
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including task and time management, ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and meet deadlines; and work without supervision.
Submit your CV and application letter to Stompie Xulu at email@example.com
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!