Limpopo Province - Fixed Term Contract
Capricorn: Polokwane West
We are looking for Community Linkage Officers who will be responsible for HTS and ensure that proper linkage to care of all HIV infected patients is done according to DoH guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide HIV Testing Services (HTS) to clients.
- Be available to assist all patients tested for HIV in the facility and from the community outreach sites.
- Ensure that all clients tested HIV positive are linked into care.
- Follow up on all newly initiated clients from community for adherence counselling.
- Keep record of patients who are initiated on ART.
- Attend facility meetings as required to discuss HTS/HIV/TB related issues.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Grade 12
- At least 3 years’ experience working as an HTS counsellor.
- Certificate in basic HAST, HIV counselling, adherence counselling.
- Knowledge of DoH, HTS guidelines & protocols.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team.
- Be able to work with little supervision.
- Good communication skills.
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 13 February 2021