City of Johannesburg - Permanent
APACE: COJ Omnipark
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Medical Practitioner Doctor who will be responsible for overall management & oversight of the Anova APACE programme in the City of Johannesburg. Together with the District Programme Managers &their teams, the successful candidate will provide overall programme leadership, as well as develop & monitor various projects aimed at achieving set programme targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Programme Management
- Develop overall strategy for the programme in line with the Health Systems Strengthening and Anova strategies, donor requirements, DOH NSP 2017 – 2022 (National Strategic Plan), annual project activities and work plans.
- Manage the necessary systems, structures, policies and procedures required for successful implementation.
- Manage all aspects of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Anticipate implementation challenges and take effective corrective measures.
- Technical Support & Stakeholder Management
- Identify critical programme stakeholders and develop a stakeholder engagement plan.
- Manage and maintain functional relations with all internal and external stakeholders including DOH, Donors and Partners.
- Facilitate participation by Anova technical staff in Provincial and District strategic meetings.
- Financial Management
- Work with Grants and Operations Manager and Finance Manager to develop and manage budgets.
- Abide by all Anova and donor guidelines and protocols regarding financial accountability.
- Human Resources
- Manage & guide senior district management team in conjunction with head office technical team in order to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Identify training needs and opportunities for programme staff.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for project managers.
- Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- A minimum qualification as a Medical Doctor is required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in HIV/TB/PMTCT programmes.
- At least 5 years’ experience in successfully managing a large, diverse and multi-faceted project is essential; including management of large budgets.
- Leadership skills and previous work with the Department of Health.
- Good and in-depth understanding of the Health Systems in Gauteng.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
- Valid registration with a professional body (HPCSA).
Advantageous Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Own transport.
- Diploma in HIV Management an advantage.
- Master’s degree in Public Health (or equivalent an advantage).
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Mandlakayise Hlatikwa at recruitment-COJ@anovahealth.co.za
Closing date: 30 June 2021 or Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Early application is therefore highly recommended.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.