Johannesburg - Permanent
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
The purpose of the role is to coordinate the grant management process ensuring compliance with established financial policies and sound business practises and to provide direct support to project managers and subrecipients.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Act as the liaison between Project Managers, Funders, and other internal support departments.
- Ensure all donor reports are submitted as required.
- Manage pre award assessment of subrecipients
- Assist with amendments and incremental funding arrangements of subrecipients
- Consolidate and manage sub recipients spending and reporting
- Facilitate other ad-hoc requests from funders.
- Provide guidance to sub-recipients on funding agency regulations and requirements
- Monitors and coordinates the administration of grants to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies and procedures are being followed.
- Work in conjunction with the Compliance Department to ensure that all internal reviews address critical areas.
- Implement changes within the projects to address non- compliance issues.
- Keep abreast of changes/updates within funding agencies and ensure that new policies and procedures are disseminated to the relevant departments.
- As and when required, attend training sessions on new developments that are specific to the programme/projects.
- Ensure that all legal contracts pertaining to the subrecipients are reviewed and in line with both the donors and organisational requirements.
Programme Management Support
- Assist the project managers in developing annual budgets and work plans.
- Review monthly project expense reports vs budget with the project managers and implement effective strategies to maximise “burn rates” and project deliverables.
- Assist project staff in the preparation of other periodic reports in terms of funder requirements.
- Assist Project Managers with new proposals and budgets.
- Ensure that projects are adequately staffed and assist in identifying training requirements & needs.
- Assist in providing internal capacity development of project managers in terms of funder requirements, budgeting, and financial management.
Any other tasks that are relevant as agreed with line manager.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- BCom / BCompt Degree / Financial Management or relevant Tertiary qualification
- 4 -8 years’ experience in a management role preferably in Grants & Contracts
- Knowledge of donor grants and the Non-Profit sector, desirable
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting policies and procedures
Skills, competencies, and attributes:
- Computer Literate in MS Office (specify basic, intermediate, advanced)
- Add work related skills
- Add competencies and personal attributes required for the role
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Gontse Simelane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15 August 2022
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za