Johannesburg - Permanent
Under the supervision of the Senior Grants Manager, the Accountant will be responsible for the accounting functions and the management of accounting administration staff ensuring adherence to the organisations financial policies and procedures.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assist the Senior Grants Manager with the preparation of the annual budgets for the projects.
- Monitor project cash flow requirements and advise the Senior Grants Manager accordingly of any shortfalls.
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Ensure that monthly donor reports are submitted to the Senior Grants Manager within the required deadlines.
- Assist the Senior Grants Manager in uploading budgets to the accounting system.
- Review and update all financial reports where necessary in terms of donor and statutory requirements.
- Review daily payments to ensure what has been captured on Nedbank is properly authorised.
- Release all daily payment batches on Nedbank banking system.
- Monitors and coordinates the administration of grants to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies and procedures are being followed.
- Work in conjunction with the Compliance Department to ensure that all internal reviews address critical areas.
- Implement changes within the projects to address non- compliance issues.
- Ensure that all legal contracts pertaining to the subrecipients are reviewed and in line with both the donors and organisational requirements.
- Program Management
- Assist the project managers in developing annual budgets and work plans.
- Review monthly project expense reports vs budget with the project managers and implement effective strategies to maximise “burn rates” and project deliverables.
- Assist project staff in the preparation of other periodic reports in terms of funder requirements.
- Assist Project Managers with new proposals and budgets.
- Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Grants Management.
- Contractual Knowledge.
- Corporate Governance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Pastel Evolution.
- Key Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and detail orientated.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- Deadline driven.
- Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum: BCom / BCompt Degree / Financial Management or relevant Tertiary qualification
- 4 -8 years’ experience in a management role preferably in Grants & Contracts
- Knowledge of donor grants and the Non Profit sector, desirable
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting policies and procedures
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Project Management experience
- ERP systems experience
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Cherenne Nel at email@example.com
Closing date: 30/11/2021
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.