Johannesburg - Permanent
The Financial Manager is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of recording and concise reporting of financial information of APACE in terms of donor and statutory requirements. The incumbent will support the office of the Deputy Chief Financial Officer (to whom they will report) and other business units as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Ensure that the organisation’s financial systems, procedures and policies are reviewed and updated when necessary.
- Manage and maintain the financial records of the organisation. Verify the accuracy and quality of all financial information and ensure maintained in terms of IFRS.
- Ensure that monthly project expense reports are prepared within the required deadlines and in terms of donor requirements and submitted to Grants & Operations for review.
- Review monthly invoices and advance requests for Apace.
- Manage and maintain the Sub recipient information as well as prepare monthly consolidated sub recipient reports.
- Manage the creditor reconciliation process and ensure recons are provide checked and supplier recons are monitored.
- Banking & Cashflow Reviews
- Review weekly bank account listing and manage short term cash flow to ensure funding is available.
- Review and authorise EFT payments and supporting documentation.
- Review Sub offices petty cash accounts and ensure recons are submitted by monthly and funds are spent in line with Anova SOP.
- General Ledger
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Approve all journals.
- Review and monitor the income statements monthly
- Lead and Manage Staff
- Management of the APACE Finance team.
- Assessing staff training requirements and implementation of staff development processes.
- Monitor staff performance and conduct staff performance appraisals.
- Manage BBBEE & Audit aspects
- Ensure that Supplier information is correctly uploaded in Pastel.
- Ensure that the monthly Supplier Top 150 listing is done and submit to senior management by the 6th of every month.
- Manage the annual BBBEE process with external parties and ensure all information is provided on time.
- Preparation of schedules for audit purposes.
- Adhoc audit support
- Liaison with the external and internal auditors.
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Qualification, BCOM Honours/ Post Graduate Degree
- 5 -10 years’ experience in an operational financial management role
- Knowledge of donor grants and the Non Profit sector, desirable
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting policies and procedures
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- ERP systems experience
- Understanding International Financial Reporting Systems & BBBEE Codes and legislation
- Leadership and Management skills
- Analytical and detail orientated
- Understanding of BBBEE codes and legislation.
- Time management skills
- Report writing skills
- Assertive personality
- Microsoft Office
- Pastel Evolution
- Electronic banking systems
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Gontse Simelane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 27 July 2021
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume
that they have not been successful.