Ref No: GS/00951/19
Anova Health Institute is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a Facilities Manager to assure the effective functioning of all facilities, who will provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their activities by using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the company.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency
- Coordinate intra-office moves
- Supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- Oversee facility refurbishment and renovations
- Plan and manage facility central services such as security, adhoc cleaning, waste disposal and parking
- Obtain quotes and tenders from vendors and suppliers
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness
- Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost saving
- Coordinate and monitor activities of contract suppliers
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met
- Ensure delivery schedules, quantity and quality criteria are met
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Advise and monitor energy efficiency
- Oversee Landscaping at own offices
- Respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants
- Manage financial, human resource, and infrastructure requirements for the facility
Essential qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Construction management, Facilities Engineering or related qualification.
- Post graduate project management or business management will be advantageous.
- Occupational health and safety certification will be advantageous.
- 5 Years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of Project Management, Business administration, Financial principles and practices, Electrical and mechanical regulations
- Knowledge of procurement and contracts
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Experience in construction, registry requirements, maintenance and all facets of facility operation
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking skills
- Valid driver’s license and willing to travel as and when required
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong Interpersonal and excellent relationship management skills
- Experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operation
- Supervisory experience
- Computer literate – MS Office (Outlook, word, excel & PowerPoint) and systems knowledge including Microsoft projects
- Handyman technical skills
Submit your CV and application letter to Gontse Simelane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above position and reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 10 November 2019