Ref No: MZ/00922/19
Anova Health Institute is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for an Employee Relations (ER) Manager to provide a specialist employee relations service and manage other employee engagement programmes. The person will manage the level of risk on people issues in the business and develop, implement, maintain and advise the business on ER strategies, policies, processes and best practices.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide strategic advisory service, on all employee relations and wellness related policies, agreements, strategies, procedures and legislation:
- Provide strategic and operational oversight of the Employee Relations strategy for Anova;
- Provide expert and specialist advice to management on HR and ER legal and regulatory compliance including inter alia the LRA, BCEA, Employment Equity, and the company’s HR and ER policies and procedures;
- Advise senior management on complex Employee Relations matters and on the appropriate approach to effectively dealing with instances of labour sensitive cases and possible unrest;
- Professional advice, guidance, and coaching to the business on employee relations related issues. Interpretation of employment law and company policies and procedures. Identify ER risks within the business and implement interventions to reduce and rectify same. Represent the company at all CCMA cases and restructuring consultations
- Ensure that the company is always well represented at relevant forums, e.g. CCMA, Labour Court.
- Represent the organisation in dispute resolution processes including mediation, arbitration and negotiation
- Undertake legal analysis and risk evaluation of potential disputes and disputes that are declared to determine the appropriate management strategy.
- Compliance and Standard Operating Procedures:
- Provide consultation and advice to the business on ER governance and compliance. Ensure compliance to ER processes and relevant labour legislation across the organization.
- Stakeholder relationships:
- Acts as an ER champion in the company in order to develop sound employee and management relationships (labour relations). Introduce and facilitate communication systems on employee relations related issues and practices.
- Identify organisation-wide training needs related to ER processes and provide training accordingly. Ensure that HR Business Partners and Managers get relevant employee relations training and implement the ER processes correctly.
- Track, report and analyse ER issues and trends to inform and advise on ER strategy and processes. Inform and advise the business as required in terms of trends and legislation.
Essential qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Employee Relations/Labour Law or Legal degree.
- Postgraduate degree in Employee Relations/ Labour Law; (Added advantage)
- Certificate/Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution (Added advantage)
- Admitted attorney with labour law experience (Added advantage)
- Minimum 5 years’ management IR/ER experience, some HR generalist experience essential
- Extensive experience and exposure to CCMA processes such as CCMA Commissioner Training and experience. (Added advantage).
- Must be an articulate & persuasive communicator
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of Employee Engagement processes
- Computer Literacy and proficiency in MS Office.
Submit your CV and application letter to Malligan Zondi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above position and reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: 10 November 2019