APACE: Western Cape -Cape Town Office
Ref No: FM/00101/19
Anova Health Institute is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a skilled enrolled nurse to provide direct clinical services within the scope of work as part of Anova facility based DSD team and assist facilities to reach their 90-90-90 targets. Clinical services include assessing, screening and testing of clients as directed by Anova workplan and overall facility implementation plan for 90-90-90.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Perform PICT for clients presented at health facilities and/or their partners; and appropriate referral;
- Screen clients for STIs, TB, Hypertension, Diabetes and refer for provision of symptomatic management;
- Provide phlebotomy services for baseline bloods (pre-ART patients), VL and other monitoring bloods for patients already on ART in decanted modalities or general follow-up care
- Provide and promote correct and consistent use of condoms and other contraceptives as per scope of work;
- Perform any other duties that will contribute to the efficient running of the programme as may be assigned by management;
- Support Anova and/or DOH counsellors providing HTS and linkage to care services as well as adherence club or I-ACT facilitators.
- Supervise IQC, PT and other RTQII activities at facility level
- Supervise and perform monitoring activities including updating of HTS registers and collection of statistics and validating of data;
- Tracking of laboratory results and ensure appropriate distribution, capturing and filing
- Assist with implementation of decanting modalities at facility level as per need (cohorting, phlebotomy, completion of registers etc.) to ensure efficient running of the programme
Essential qualifications and experience
- Enrolled Nursing certificate or equivalent qualification
- Valid registration with South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse
- 2 years’ experience in clinical HIV/AIDS and TB related work and in a primary health care setting
- RTQII Training and knowledge of national HTS guidelines and algorithm
- 2 years of HIV Testing and Counselling experience.
- Self-disciplined and able to work unsupervised
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Resilience to change
Submit your CV and application letter to Fuzile Madikane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.