Gert Sibande (Ermelo) - Permanent
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
The purpose of the role is to coordinate, supervise outreach teams and ensure the quality of HTS is performed according to DoH and Anova’s guidelines.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive quality nursing care to patients
- Mentor and guide other non-clinical personnel providing screening services to clients
- Conduct all required blood tests and facilitate transportation of specimen according to regulations and standards
- Check vital signs and record daily information in the patient’s file
Quality Control of HTS Services
- Ensure that all community testing sites have all relevant HTS SOPs, Algorithms and guidelines
- Organise, orientate and/or conduct refresher trainings for all testing team members aimed at improving the quality and standards of community HTS services.
- Conduct Independent Quality Control and mentor Outreach Workers and other designated community team members on the IQC process.
- Prepare community testing sites and ensure full participation in all Proficiency Testing and External SPI-RT assessments
- Ensure that all HIV Rapid Testing personnel are competent to conduct HTS activities and meet the requirements for proficiency testing
HTS Inventory Control
- Receive and distribute HTS inventory following the FIFO (First In First Out) principle
- Monitor the store-room temperature and document any Occupational Health and Safety matters
- Record stock received, on hand, and distributed and place orders accordingly
- Place requests Timeously for the RTCQI Inventory and PPE resources
Data collation and Reporting
- Capture the outreach Reach and Test, and HIVSS spreadsheet
- Capture and update the Linkage Cascade spreadsheet
- Submit the workplan
- Submit the Outreach HTS Narrative Report
Any other tasks that are relevant as agreed with line manager.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Enrolled Nurse Certificate or relevant qualification
- Valid registration with South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in the Outreach
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS related programme
- Previously worked with key populations like MSM/TG community
- Computer literate (Ms Office)
- Open minded and willing to work with diverse community
- Willing to travel as and when required
- Excellent communication and admin skills
- Team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Reporting writing and attention to detail
- Supervisory skills
- Always willing develop and adjust to market trends for the role
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Gontse Simelane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 13 August 2022
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za