Limpopo Province - Permanent
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Health Professional with experience working in the Public Health sector within HIV/TB/PMTCT programmes to join our team as the Deputy Programme Manager: Quality TB/HIV services. The incumbent will assist the Programme Manager to manage the implementation of Anova’s 90-90-90 strategy, including work plan activities in line with 90-90-90 targets, and to support the Capricorn District with the 90-90-90 District Implementation Plan process and monitoring of monthly and quarterly performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Programme Management
- Lead Anova Technical Programme Managers (Community Programme Managers, Adolescent and Youth Programme Managers, Pharmacy Managers, etc.) and other Managers in planning, developing and reviewing cluster and sub-district strategies and work plans to ensure targets are reached.
- Manage the budget and allocate resources (HR and other) accordingly to ensure programme targets and work plan deliverables are met.
- Technical Support
- Oversee and take responsibility for the clinical implementation of the HIV/TB 90-90-90 programme.
- Actively participate in District 90-90-90 technical working groups or Steering Committees, and other relevant forums with DoH and other stakeholders.
- Support and participate in relevant research processes.
- Co-ordinate USAID funder performance review visits and meetings and guide cluster/sub-district teams on the process.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Ensure that agreed activities are successfully implemented in facilities at cluster and sub-district level.
- Manage a diverse team of staff and collaborate with other line managers to reach objectives.
- Manage and maintain functional relations with all internal and external stakeholders, including Capricorn district, donors and partners.
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- MBChB degree qualification or a relevant degree in Health Sciences or Social Sciences.
- Diploma in HIV Management an advantage.
- Master’s degree in Public Health (or equivalent an advantage).
- At least 8 years’ post-tertiary working experience, with a minimum of 2 years in team management or a supervision role.
- At least 4 years’ experience working with HIV/TB patients.
- At least two years demonstrated experience in a senior management role.
- Knowledge of latest HIV/TB/PMTCT guidelines.
- Knowledge of 90-90-90 strategy and other health-related policies.
- Ability to travel within Capricorn District.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at email@example.com
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Early application is therefore highly recommended.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.