Sedibeng - Permanent
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Medical Doctor with experience working in the Public Health sector within HIV/TB/PMTCT programmes to join our team as the Deputy Programme Manager. The incumbent will assist the District Programme Manager with the management and implementation of Anova’s 90-90-90 strategy including the implementation of work plan activities in line with 90-90-90 targets and support the District with 90-90-90 Implementation process and monitoring of performance (monthly & quarterly).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Programme Management
- Assume overall management of the programme & team in the absence of the Programme Manager.
- Work closely with Anova Sub-district and other Managers in planning, developing and reviewing overall District and sub-district strategies of the programme.
- Manage all aspects of project monitoring and evaluation, including data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Technical Support
- Ensure that agreed upon activities are successfully implemented in facilities.
- Form part of the District 90-90-90 technical working group, support the District Adherence Strategy and provide technical advice in the districts.
- Co-ordinate USAID/Funder performance review visits and guide teams on the review process.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Manage a diverse team of staff in conjunction with other line managers.
- Manage and maintain functional relations with all internal and external stakeholders including DoH, donors and partners.
- Support and participate in relevant research processes.
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- MBchB degree qualification or a relevant Degree in Health Science/Social Science.
- At least 8 years’ post working experience; with a minimum of 2 years in team management or supervision role in the South African public health system.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with HIV/TB patients.
- Knowledge of latest HIV/TB/PMTCT guidelines.
- Knowledge of 90-90-90 strategy and other health-related policies.
- Professional Valid registration e.g. HPCSA, SANC, etc.
- Proven experience in managing a diverse/multi-disciplinary team.
- Good relationship with local health authorities will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel within the district and surrounding areas.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Gontse Simelane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Early application is therefore highly recommended.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.