Johannesburg - Permanent
The incumbent will provide strategic leadership for Anova’s TB/HIV services across the continuum of care and manage teams providing technical input to the Anova/APACE implementation programme. They will lead the design and implementation of Anova/APACE programme strategies and interventions targeted at specific population groups and quality multi-directional (community/ facility/ private sector) referral systems.
The incumbent will lead and manage technical programme specialists, the community HIV testing programme and other projects including Private Sector and NHI initiatives, supporting the integration of programme delivery approaches in specific technical and clinical areas and ensuring the continuity of service and communications across provincial, district and facility-levels where Anova operates.
The incumbent will liaise with senior leaders at the Department of Health (DoH) and donor agencies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Senior Strategic Leadership across the HIV/TB continuum of care
- Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of Anova’s HIV/TB programme strategy for specific population groups, including Paediatric, Adolescents, Pregnant & Breastfeeding women, Men, and TB/HIV co-infected clients.
- Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of the Out of Facility Programme Plan in line with the HIV/TB 90-90-90 strategy and the National Strategic Plan on HIV, TB and STIs, Anova’s strategies, DoH and donor requirements, annual programme activities and work plans by leveraging the Anova team.
- Support Anova’s initiatives to promote the systemic application of high-quality HIV/TB interventions; lead and/or contribute to the development of strategies and technical guidance for the design, implementation and evaluation of interventions and projects.
- Actively participate in Anova’s senior management team, providing guidance and support to the other programmes, activities, and special projects across the organisation.
- Lead and Manage a Team of Clinical and Technical Specialists to deliver Quality HIV/TB services
- Coordinate closely with Anova’s senior management and the relevant HR teams to appropriately resource the relevant central and district-level teams.
- Manage and mentor senior and mid-level personnel responsible for the direct management of programme teams and sub-awardees.
- Anticipate implementation challenges and work with the appropriate Heads of Division or Team Leads, develop, resource and implement corrective measures.
- Ensure that quality systems, structures, policies and procedures required for the successful implementation of the programme are in place to deliver performance outputs that are consistent with relevant PEPFAR indicators and Anova’s performance management guidance.
- Review all aspects of programme-related internal and external reporting to ensure high quality data and/or service delivery.
- Position Anova as a Leader in Public Health
- Promote Anova as a visible leader in the field of public health through networking, strategic engagements, active partnerships, publications and presentations at various forums.
- Drive innovation to support effective programme implementation.
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- A Medical Degree coupled with a minimum of 10 years of progressively related experience in HIV/TB/PMTCT programme implementation.
- Previous Senior Leadership, subgrantee/contract oversight and five years of supervisory management experience.
- Experience working with complex, multi-million dollar programmes across geographic areas.
- Knowledge of the UNAIDS 90-90-90 strategy and other health related policies, latest HIV/TB/PMTCT guidelines and PEPFAR HIV/TB programme performance indicators.
- Proven experience leading and managing a team of diverse technical experts while fostering teamwork and producing high-quality outputs.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, leading and managing out of facility HIV-service delivery, with working knowledge of linkages between workforce expansion, CCDMD, ward-based outreach teams, community health workers, etc.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, responsibility, and capacity for effective communication, liaison and coordination of stakeholders at all levels, including government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, CBOs and FBOs, business and private practitioners.
- In-depth understanding of the South African Health Systems and previous experience working in the DOH/donor-funded environment.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in public health, social work, health or business administration, or a related field is an added advantage
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Gontse Simelane: email@example.com
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Early application is therefore highly recommended.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.