City of Cape Town
We are looking for Counsellors – Facility and Community to be responsible for HTS services and ensure that proper linkage to care of all HIV infected patients is done according to Department of Health guidelines, and to perform HTS at community level during outreach campaigns when required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide HIV testing services (HTS) to clients in line with DoH policies and guidelines and in line with District 909090 DIP and Sub-district IP 909090 plans
- Provide HTS at facility and community level and other out-of-facility sites whenever required
- Promote HTS through health talks and by participating in social mobilisation activities.
- Provide post-test counselling and adherence support to clients
- Link HIV positive clients to facility for ARV initiation or mobile van
- Trace all positive tested clients who were not initiated same day
- Be available to assist all HIV patients in the facility and community with relevant counselling needs
- Ensure that all clients tested HIV positive are linked into care and keep a record of how many are initiated on Antiretroviral treatment
- Report challenges related to the referral system and linkage to care to Community Coordinator
- Keep an updated record of number of clients who were offered HTS, tested, tested HIV positive, and linked into care, in line with tools used by DoH and Anova (should there be additional data capturing tools) and record it daily in the facility register
- Identify critical programme stakeholders and establish working relationships with them
- Provide feedback to the Community Coordinator on facility and community on social dynamics that impact on project activities
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Matric qualification
- Training in Basic HIV and Aids, STI and TB (HAST), HIV Counselling, Adherence counselling, and finger pricking
- ROTF support counselling
- Adherence clubs
- Certificate in Couple counselling, RTCQI, disclosure and pediatric consent is advantageous
- Minimum two years’ experience as a counsellor
- Minimum two-year experience in HIV or public health environment
- Knowledge of DoH HTS guidelines and protocols
- General knowledge of health education
- General knowledge of TB/HIV/PMTCT programme guidelines/counselling messages
- Counselling skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage relationships
- Strong organizational skills, including task and time management, ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and meet deadlines, and work without daily supervision
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
Submit your CV and application letter to Filecia Schoeman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 01 December 2021.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.