Johannesburg – Permanent
Ref No: PR/0124/18
Anova Health Institute is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Anova is looking for a skilled Corporate Communications Specialist to help create content and manage the company’s website, distribute press credentials, co-ordinate and manage events, announce company landmarks via written release amongst others.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Execute the organisational and Programme PR communication strategy
- Assist in development of Programme/Anova’s communications plan to create consistent key messages
- Distribute Programme/Anova printed/online material and other information to all other relevant stakeholders
- Manage Programme/Anova’s presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and other social media platforms engaging messaging for employees – working strongly with HR and management
- Execute existing stakeholder relations strategy
- Develop and maintain integrated stakeholder database, outlining contact details, significance, messages and types of engagement
- Develop media protocol document outlining procedures for engagement with media
- Manage reputation and brand integrity
- Identify and develop procedures for managing reputational risk and crises
- Produce holding statements on areas of concern.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years professional working experience in a PR communications environment
- Proven knowledge on general business practice
- General understanding of HIV environment in Africa, specifically South Africa
- Broad knowledge of all media
- Experience in communications to more than one influencer type (media, bloggers, governments officials, employee communications)
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and editing communication skills in English and two other official languages (Zulu and Sepedi or any other language relevant to the communities we serve)
- Ability to translate corporate strategy into powerful messages for various communications disciplines.
Submit your CV and application letter to Shonisani Mahumele at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful.
Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.