Johannesburg Office – Fixed term contract
APACE Plus: Community Project
We are looking for Project Coordinator to facilitate and implement the ward-based primary health care community outreach testing (WBPHCOTs) projects and ensure full implementation of the 90-90-90 activities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Facilitate programme buy-in and support at sub-District and facility level.
- Conduct mapping of WBPHCOTs and referral systems to inform programme planning and community testing activities.
- Facilitate weekly and monthly planning with sub district WBPHCOTs operational manager for programme planning and feedback.
- Facilitate defaulter tracing by WBPHCOTs at community level.
- Facilitate integration of WBPHCOTs at facility level.
- Support community testing by working with HTS team and WBPHCOTs.
- Ensure that community health workers and team leaders are trained on WBPHCOTs.
- Provide on-going mentoring and support to WBPHCOTs operational managers and team leaders.
- Coordinate and communicate with NGOs, other developmental partners and DoH at the sub-District working on community health systems strengthening (HSS) activities.
- Compile monthly reports on monthly programme activities and work plan targets and report to project manager.
- Attend stakeholder and sub-District management meetings and report on programme activities.
- Facilitate together with operational manager and team leader ad-hoc audits on CHWs data collection tools and reporting tools and support development of quality improvement plans.
- Track 90-90-90 project activities and report on monthly outputs.
- Monitor data flow on defaulter tracing at facility and report on progress/successes and challenges.
- Strengthen reporting and support the implementing of data collection activities for routine project monitoring reporting.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Nursing qualification or a degree in Social Science.
- At least 3 years’ experience in working at a clinic (PHC or CHC).
- Knowledge and experience in primary healthcare re-engineering.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to travel within Johannesburg health district.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Post graduate degree, such as an Honours or Master’s in Public Health, would be an added advantage.
Submit your CV and application letter to Itumeleng Maupa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 20 October 2020