Cape Town - Permanent
APACE: Western Cape
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Medical Doctor and or Postgraduate qualified, Registered Professional Nurse with Primary Health Care specialty (Nurse Clinician); at least 6 years’ clinical practice experience post registration with HPCSA and or SANC working in the South African Public Health sector within HIV/TB/PMTCT programmes to join our team as the Cluster Manager. The incumbent will assist the Provincial Programme Manager with the management and implementation of Anova’s 90-90-90 strategy including the implementation of work plan activities in line with 90-90-90 targets in a cluster. The cluster manager will support the City of Johannesburg District with monitoring of performance (monthly & quarterly).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for the programme in the allocated cluster.
- Provide clinical advice to Department of Health (DoH) and Anova staff on HIV, TB, PMTCT & Pediatric management.
- Plan, develop and review overall strategy for the sub - district in line with the overall Anova, SA DoH NSP for HIV/TB/STI (2017 – 2022) and 90-90-90 HIV / TB strategy and Donor requirements.
- Manage all aspects of programme monitoring and evaluation, including monthly and quarterly data collection, analysis and reporting for all supported facilities and develop Quality Improvement (QI) plans.
- Form part of the District 90-90-90 technical working group, District National Adherence Strategy and other groups to be able to provide technical advice in the cluster.
- Identify risks to successful to successful implementation of 90-90-90 HIV/TB activities.
- Conduct other HI/TB/PMTCT and related trainings.
- Ensure that agreed upon activities are successfully implemented in facilities at cluster level.
- Co-ordinate USAID/Funder performance review visits and guide teams on the review process.
- Manage a diverse team of staff in conjunction with other line managers (e.g. M&E, Pharmacy) in order to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Manage and maintain functional relations with all internal and external stakeholders including DoH, donors and partners.
- Support and participate in relevant research processes.
- Provide direct service delivery including patient assessment, diagnosis, treatment, care and support as required.
Essential qualifications and experience
- MBChB degree or a Postgraduate qualification as a Professional Nurse with primary healthcare specialty (Nurse Clinician) or an equivalent.
- Diploma in HIV Management or equivalent experience in HIV programmes, as added advantage.
- Master’s degree or Postgraduate qualification in Public Health/Equivalent is an advantage.
- At least 6 years (for Medical Doctors) or 8 years (for Nurses) post community service clinical experience in the South African public health systems, with at least 2 of those years spent in clinical management of HIV/TB patients.
- At least 2 years management experience in TB/HIV or related programmes in the South African public health system.
- Experience in managing a diverse/multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional registration – HPCSA.
- Knowledge of latest HIV/TB/PMTCT guidelines, programme indicators and monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to analyze and interpret HIV/TB programme data to inform programme planning and implementation.
- Knowledge of 90-90-90 strategy, SA NSP for TB/HIV/STIs (2017 – 2022) and other Health related policies.
- Good relationship with local health authorities will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems.
- Good knowledge of antiretroviral therapy, TB and chronic medication.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with people at all levels in the organization.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel within Cape Town and surrounding Districts.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Submit your CV and application letter to Pumla Grootboom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above position and reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 22 October 2020