Ivan Toms Centre for Men’s Health
Fixed-term contract (until September 2019)
Ref No: KK/0003/19
Anova Health Institute is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are
what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a Clinical Nurse Practitioner to provide comprehensive primary sexual healthcare services to
men who have sex with men (MSM).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Perform programme activities in line with Anova’s Health4Men project and Department of
Health strategy/priorities and regulations
- Provide comprehensive primary health care to men with HIV / AIDS / STIs and related sexual
- Maintain adequate levels of consumables for the provision of comprehensive clinical
- Participate in meetings, demonstrate and assist in the development of strategies for
improved operations and a high level of care
- Provide PrEP services as part of the comprehensive prevention package
Essential qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Nursing (Primary Health Care)
- Registered as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- NIMART trained, mentored and certified as competent
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in working as a professional nurse including work in TB/HIV/AIDS
environment including prior experience with working with MSM
The successful candidate should:
- Have knowledge and experience in TB/HIV/AIDS/STI management
- Familiarity with PrEP implementation
- Able to communicate in English and any other local language
- Have acceptance of diverse sexual identities
- Be able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Must be willing to learn
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful.
Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit your CV and application letter to Khanyisile Kheswa at email@example.com
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 20 January 2019