City of Johannesburg – Permanent
Ref No: SX00052/19
Anova Health Institute is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a Clinical Nurse Practitioner to provide technical assistance, capacity-building and health system strengthening support that will initiate or enhance the roll-out of various services within the Anova Paediatric & Adolescent Care Programme. The Nurse Mentor will be a member of a roving technical support team and will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide site support for the implementation, improvement and expansion of such services in a Programme
Key duties and responsibilities
- Technical Support and Capacity Building: Perform programme activities in line with Anova, SA DoH NSP for HIV/TB/STI (2017 – 2022) and 90-90-90 HIV/TB strategy and Donor requirements
- Work with Anova sub-district team and PASP team to identify poor performing facilities, put together QI plans and implement QI plans as agreed upon with the team & facilities
- Direct Service Delivery & Clinical Mentoring: Implement innovative case finding strategies to find children & adolescents living with HIV who are not yet in care e.g. HIV screening tool; Family tools for Index testing services etc.
- Mentor professional (& Enrolled nurses where required) nurses at DoH facilities on NIMART, using latest paediatric and adolescent HIV/TB/STI guidelines and in line with DoH mentorship manual/guidelines
- Health Systems strengthening: Perform baseline assessment of Paediatric & Adolescent HIV/TB care using SIMS, EWI and PASP tools at supported facilities and implement corrective measures
- Support AYFS implementation through advocacy, training and mentoring
Essential qualifications and experience
- Registration as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council Clinical Assessment Treatment & Care (PHC Nurse Clinician)
- NIMART trained and mentored
- 2 to 5 years’ Experience in working as a professional nurse including work in TB/ HIV/AIDS environment
- Trained on Paediatric management of ART
- At least 1 year working in Paediatric or Adolescent specific care at Primary Health Care level
- Ability to communicate in local languages (an advantage)
Submit your CV and application letter to Stompie Xulu at email@example.com
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 22 March 2019