Sedibeng (Lesedi & Midvaal): Permanent
Ref No: LM/0623/19
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a Medical Officer or senior professional nurse to oversee implementation of 90-90-90 HIV/TB strategy at sub-district & primary healthcare/clinic level. The successful candidate will also manage a multidisciplinary team of Anova staff to ensure all 90-90-90 workplan activities are implemented in supported facilities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide clinical advice to Department of Health (DoH) and Anova staff on HIV, TB, PMTCT & Paediatric management
- Plan, develop and review overall strategy for the sub-district in line with the overall Anova, SA DoH NSP for HIV/TB/STI (2017 – 2022) and 90-90-90 HIV/TB strategy and Donor requirements.
- Manage all aspects of project monitoring and evaluation; including monthly and quarterly data analysis for all supported facilities and develop Quality Improvement (QI) plans
- Identify risks to successful implementation of 90-90-90 HIV/TB activities
- Conduct other HIV/TB/PMTCT and related trainings
- Manage a diverse team of staff in conjunction with other line managers (e.g. M&E, Pharmacy) in order to ensure efficient project delivery
- Establish working relationships with DoH stakeholders & other partner stakeholders
Essential qualifications and experience
- MBChB degree or Postgraduate qualification as a Professional Nurse with primary healthcare specialty (Nurse Clinician)
- Minimum 3 years’ post community service clinical experience (for medical doctors) and 8 years for Nurse Clinicians
- At least 2 years’ experience in a management or senior role within comprehensive HIV/TB programmes
- Understanding of TB/HIV/PMTCT guidelines, programme indicators and monitoring & evaluation
- Ability to analyze and interpret HIV/TB programme data to inform programme planning and implementation
- Demonstrate initiative, and the ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems
- Good knowledge of antiretroviral therapy, TB and chronic medication
- Ability to travel within Johannesburg/Sedibeng Health District
- QI and project management methodology
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Good report writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Submit your CV and application letter to Lukhanyiso Manganyi at email@example.com
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Please specify the above position and reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.