Cape Town – Permanent Contract
APACE: Western Cape
We are looking for a Medical Officer or Senior Professional Nurse to provide technical, capacity building and health system strengthening support to enhance DoH’s ability at facility level to manage the treatment of HIV and related services to the public. The candidate must be able to provide expert technical expertise in the implementation of 90-90-90 strategy for TB/HIV/PMTCT, and to lead health system strengthening efforts of the HIV / Tuberculosis and PMTCT programme in Cape Town in close collaboration with the Department of Health and other relevant stakeholders. The candidate must also direct the implementation of the project’s health systems strengthening and quality improvement plan and oversee capacity building efforts in quality improvement activities for Anova and DOH staff in the supported district. The Clinical Advisor will be a member of a clinical / technical support team and will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide site support for the implementation, improvement and expansion of HIV and related public health care services.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide clinical advice to Department of Health (DoH) and Anova staff on HIV, TB, PMTCT & Pediatric management.
- Provide technical assistance for programs design and planning in your cluster; assessing current health system’s needs, and implementing activities to support project reporting requirements and routine projects management for your support cluster/district.
- Support DoH in implementation and roll out of effective, efficient District strategic HAST programs in line with 909090 and NSP (2017 – 2022) goals.
- Compile monthly & quarterly regular reports for Anova, Funders and DOH as required on the program.
- Identify barriers to service delivery through strategic planning and made recommendations.
- Supports development of systems to track and monitor indicator and programs performance for effective facility and sub-district QI planning.
- Support the district and sub-district in planning and conducting ongoing and quarterly programmatic reviews (HIV, DIP, PMTCT, TB, and Ideal Clinic etc.).
- Identify innovative projects that can be implemented to improve performance of the PMTCT, pediatric TB and HIV programme and ensure that all project deliverables are met in a high quality, cost effective and timely fashion.
- Formulate and implement innovative research ideas in line with Anova’s objectives, gaining consent from Exco prior to embarking on research.
- Building and maintaining team spirit and cohesion.
- Engage and support managers at the facility and regional level.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Registered as a Medical Practitioner (MBCHB) with HPCSA.
- Diploma in HIV management advantageous.
- Good Clinical Practice Certificate advantageous.
- Trained NIMART mentor.
- 5 years’ experience in comprehensive HIV management.
- Technical, specialist or analytical skills acquired through tertiary education or the equivalent experience.
- Able to relate to technical and or functional instructions or queries.
- Able to give technical guidance to between 1 to 5 junior staff.
- Expected to make first line attempt to solve problems.
- Expected to come up with suggestions on improved practices.
- Friendly and able to engage people.
- Flexible and resilient to change.
- Sound work ethic.
Submit your CV and application letter to Pumla Grootboom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 22 October 2020