Cape Town - Permanent
APACE Western Cape
We are looking for medical doctor or a nurse to oversee implementation of 90-90-90 HIV/TB strategy at sub-district & primary health care/clinic level. The incumbent will also manage a multidisciplinary team of Anova staff to ensure all 90-90-90 workplan activities are implemented in supported facilities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide clinical advise to DOH and PHC (Primary Health Care) staff on HIV, TB, PMTCT & Pediatric management.
- Plan, develop and review overall strategy for the sub-district in line with the overall Health Systems Strengthening and 909090 HIV/TB strategy.
- Support Anova Non roving and roving team leaders (through mentorship, providing technical advice, conducting joint stakeholder engagement activities, conducting facility level support visits, etc.) to ensure that agreed upon activities are successfully implemented in facilities.
- Manage a diverse team of staff in conjunction with other line managers (e.g. M&E, HTS, Pharmacy etc.) in order to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Provide programme performance reports (verbal and written) to Programme manager, DOH, Anova management as agreed upon with the Deputy Programme manager.
Essential qualifications and experience
- MBChB degree or BCurr or B. Pharmacy with a Postgraduate qualification with Primary Health Care speciality (Nurse Clinician).
- Minimum 3 years’ post community service clinical experience (for medical doctors) and 8 years for Nurse Clinicians.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a management or senior role within comprehensive HIV/TB programmes.
- Understanding of TB/HIV/(E)PMTCT programmes, programme indicators and monitoring & evaluate.
- Ability to analyse and interpret HIV/TB programme data to inform programme planning and implementation.
- Demonstrate initiative, and the ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems.
- Good knowledge of antiretroviral therapy, TB and chronic medication.
- Quality Improvement and project management skills, an advantage.
- Valid HPCSA registration as Independent Practitioner or valid SANC registration.
- Experience in leading a team, management or supervision of staff.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to travel within City of Cape Town Health District.
- QI and project management methodology.
- Good report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Pumla Grootboom at email@example.com
Closing date: 22 October 2020