City of Cape Town
We are looking for a Community Coordinator that will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of facility and out of facility, community case finding (HTS), case management and retention support activities within the Western Cape APACE program through coordinating the various projects facets, including HR, logistics and administration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of Anova’s case finding, case management and retention support activities at facility and community level, in line with 909090 strategy and workplan
- Oversee the implementation, coordination, and support of all HIV prevention strategies: DREAMS, MINA, PREP, ICT, Risk Screening tool and HIV SS
- Provide leadership and oversight to Anova Counsellors and HTS Testers allocated to work at primary health care facilities, hospital, and community
- Work with a team of Anova counsellors and HTS testers and ensure that they meet all required DoH standards to provide case finding, linkage to care and retention in care strategies
- Oversee implementation and maintenance of HTS/CLI quality improvement activities at facility and community level as required and ensure compliance with DoH policies
- Identify training needs at facility and community level and make logistical arrangements for such trainings
- Coordinate all data collection and management processes provided by your teams
- Engage in data quality assurance and internal control activities
- Update project assets registers and inventories
- Laisse regularly with Anova M&E department to ensure accurate project reports
- Identify critical programme stakeholders and establish working relationships with them.
- Manage and maintain functional relations with all internal and external stakeholders including DoH and other partners
- Ensure that project staff participate actively in decision making
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Qualification in Health/ Social Sciences
- At least 5 years’ experience in project or operations management
- At least 5 years’ experience in HIV or public health environment
- Able to demonstrate ability to update and maintain a data repository
- NIMART Certificate advantageous
- Computer Literate – MS Office Packages (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent Communication skills and ability to speak one of the local languages
- Valid driver’s license essential
- Innovative, organized, analytical and excellent interpretation data skills
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention and community health issues
- Computer skills
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
Submit your CV and application letter to Filecia Schoeman at email@example.com
Closing date: 01 December 2021
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.