Johannesburg - Permanent
Ref No: MZ01016/19
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
The Strategic Communications Lead will lead and manage Anova’s strategic communications responsibilities for the APACE grant (HIV/TB 90-90-90 Programme), including all messaging, content development and support to Anova/APACE’s leadership on effective communications. This position will cooperatively liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for district and provincial level communications and provide technical support to improve the dissemination of information and impact related to Anova/APACE’s performance.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership in strategic communications
- Develop and lead the implementation of Anova/APACE’s Strategic Communications Plan inclusive of a dissemination plan for key programmatic outputs
- Provide guidance and tools to the senior management team to ensure that Anova’s data driven approach to program implementation and impact is tailored to the audience using the appropriate communications modes and strategically disseminated
- Provide the senior management team with strategic and operational advice and recommendations on the best communications approaches and tools to help them effectively promote the impact of their work
- Actively participate in Anova’s senior management team to build the strategic communications capabilities of Anova/APACE
- Lead and manage the Anova/APACE Communications Team
- Manage and mentor the communications team
- Develop a communications toolkit
- Capture and disseminate success stories and
- Foster the ongoing development of tools that support the dissemination of Anova/APACE’s work
- Position Anova as a thought leader in strategic public health communications
- Promote Anova as a visible leader in the field of public health communications through networking, strategic engagements, active partnerships, publications and presentations
- Ensure communications outputs are of the highest quality and standard, via in-house content development as well as capacity building in the field
- Innovate and establish effective communications channels making best use of available resources to deliver quality results
- Ensure that a communications perspective is injected across all stages of strategic decision-making
- Establish and maintain good relationships with USAID and other stakeholders and be Anova/APACE’s contact on strategic communications, working closely with USAID’s Development and Outreach Communications team
- Make full use of new and innovative digital communications methods to disseminate messages and raise awareness of Anova/APACE’s-supported initiatives and outputs
Essential qualifications and experience
- A Master’s degree in business, communications, journalism, foreign affairs, international development or a related field is required
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible work experience in designing, establishing, and managing strategic communications for a large grant, preferably for a PEPFAR-funded programme
- Demonstrated leadership and capacity building experience in leading and managing a technical team and working with communications outlets, and across various staff levels, stakeholders and directly with donors
- Demonstrated working knowledge of South Africa’s public health field; able to translate complex ideas into clear accessible language
- Well-structured with an ability to handle a large workload, deliver on short deadlines and work independently and with limited supervision
- Demonstrated written, presentation and communication skills in English
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Malligan Zondi at email@example.com
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: Monday 16 September 2019