Johannesburg, Gauteng - Permanent
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a dynamic clinician with eight to 10 years of experience working in the Public Health sector within HIV/TB/PMTCT programmes to join our team as the Private Sector/NHI Lead. The incumbent will be responsible for leading, developing and implementing various aspects of the programme in line with the National Department of Health’s (DOH) National Strategic Plan (NSP) for TB/HIV/STI (2017-2022) and the HIV/TB 90-90-90 strategy, including serving as the technical lead for private sector approaches as related to HIV/TB prevention, care and treatment programming. The incumbent will support the development and integration of strategic product marketing activities aimed at increasing access and availability through private-sector outlets, such as external pharmacies and general practitioners, while leveraging commercial techniques to increase uptake and use of health products in support of HIV programming objectives. The incumbent will also need to be able to liaise with leaders in the private sector, DOH and donors at all levels.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership in private sector programming
- Develop and implement a Private Sector Engagement Strategy for the programme in line with the SA DOH’s NSP for TB/HIV/STI (2017-2022) HIV/TB 90-90-90 strategy, Anova’s strategies, donor requirements, annual programme activities and work plans
- Assess the potential of local health product markets for efficient and sustainable HIV prevention, care and treatment programming by working closely with public and private sector stakeholders
- Provide technical and programme support in designing and implementing private sector strategies, approaches, and activities aimed at increasing access, availability, and use of the HIV prevention, care and treatment products
- Develop innovative partnerships, including public / private partnerships (PPPs) with commercial pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical health product suppliers to strengthen demand for and supply of HIV prevention, care and treatment products
- Support Anova’s initiatives to promote the systemic application of private sector and market development approaches in the HIV programming; lead and/or contribute to the development of strategies and technical guidance for the design, implementation and evaluation of interventions engaging private sector and local market development
- Contribute to Anova’s strategic planning
- Lead and manage Anova’s APACE private sector programmes
- Manage the necessary systems, structures, policies and procedures required for successful implementation, coordinating with Anova’s senior management, district programme managers, and facility managers to connect local efforts with the public sector
- Anticipate implementation challenges and implement effective corrective measures
- Manage a diverse team of staff in conjunction with other line managers in order to ensure efficient programme delivery
- Manage all aspects of programme-related internal and external reporting, including reports to the APACE Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy COP, and to donors
Essential qualifications and experience:
- A Medical degree or a Master’s degree or equivalent in public health, social work, health or business administration, or a related field is required
- A minimum of eight years’ of progressively responsible experience in HIV/TB/PMTCT programme implementation, including behaviour change campaigns
- Demonstrated global health experience in the development and implementation of effective private sector engagement projects including an in-depth understating of various social marketing models (NGO, manufacturers, hybrid) and knowledge of social enterprise, social franchising, and market development approaches
- Knowledge of latest HIV/TB/PMTCT guidelines
- Knowledge of 90-90-90 strategy and other health related policies
- Knowledge of PEPFAR HIV/TB programme performance indicators
- Knowledge of global health partners who work on private sector, market development, social and behaviour change communications is desired
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, responsibility, and capacity for effective coordination
- Leadership skills and previous work with the DOH/donor-funded environment
- In-depth understanding of the health systems within South Africa
- Excellent, demonstrated report writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Submit your CV and application letter to Malligan Zondi at email@example.com
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: Monday 16 September 2019