Johannesburg – Permanent
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
To lead and manage Anova’s out of facility HIV/TB programmes. To strengthen the quality of multi-directional (community/health facility/private sector) referral systems and the design and implementation of HIV/TB related interventions and best practices. To lead and provide oversight to the team responsible or the implementation/expansion of workplace, centralised chronic distribution of medicine and dispensing, ward-based outreach teams and other out of facility HIV/TB services.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership in Out of Facility Programmes
- Lead the continuous development and implementation of Anova’s Out of Facilities Programme Plan in line with the HIV/TB 90-90-90 strategy and the National Strategic Plan for HIV/TB
- Active participation in Anova’s senior management team
- Provide guidance and tools to the senior management team to ensure continuous support to out of facility programmes
- Lead and manage Anova’s APACE Out of Facility Programmes
- Manage and mentor Anova’s out of facility programme teams and sub-awardees
- Manage the performance of the out of facility programmes, consistent with relevant PEPFAR indicators and Anova’s performance management guidance
- Establish support to National Department of Health’s out of facility programmes
- Function as the Anova contact for all out of facility programme activities, interfacing directly with donors and other key stakeholders
- Position Anova as a leader in Out of Facility Programmes
- Promote Anova as a visible leader through networking, strategic engagements, active partnerships, publications and presentations
- Innovate and establish effective programmes making best use of available resources to deliver quality results
Essential qualifications and experience
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in public health, social work, health or business administration, or a related field is required
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in designing, implementing, and managing large, complex activities involving multiple partners and active stakeholder engagements/liaising, preferably of a program funded by PEPFAR
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading, designing and managing a HIV out of facility service delivery
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience of the South Africa health services, linkages between workforce expansion, CCDMD, ward-based outreach teams, community-health workers, and other out of facility HIV/TB services.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels including government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, CBOs and FBOs, business and private practitioners
- Experience in leading and managing a technical team comprising technical experts, fostering team work, and the demonstrated production of high-quality outputs
- Demonstrated written, presentation and communication skills in English.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response.
Submit your CV and application letter to Malligan Zondi at email@example.com
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: Monday 16 September 2019