Ref No: SX00035/19
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for Adolescent Peer Educator to promote healthy behaviours and prevent risk behaviours in adolescents through the implementation of targeted interventions at individual, healthcare facility and community level, to improve uptake of HIV-testing and linkage to treatment
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide health education, with Anova/DoH teams, to adolescents
- Participate in outreach campaigns to reach adolescents and distribute IEC material in the facility and the community.
- Improve access and uptake of HTS and linkage to care by adolescents
- Improve retention in care and virological suppression
- Create a safe space for adolescents to discuss social and health-related issues affecting them
- Assist with transitioning adolescents to adult services
- Provide Support to Adolescent and Youth Friendly Service Provision (AYFS)
- Serve as a link between adolescents, local clinics, CBOs and other health services within the community.
- Maintain records for clients supported to HCT, tested, tested HIV positive, linked into care, etc.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Grade 12
- Local youth between 19 and 24 years of age
- Currently unemployed and not engaged in formal education
- Experience in public speaking and previous leadership roles an advantage
- Good Facilitation and Report writing skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Punctual, Reliable and Organised
- Knowledge and experience in engaging with adolescents
- Excellent Interpersonal and mobilising Skills
- Prior knowledge of HIV/AIDS and a recognised HIV counselling certificate would be a distinct advantage.
- Able to conduct life skills and HIV/AIDS-related discussion groups
Submit your CV and application letter to Stompie Xulu at email@example.com
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.