City of Johannesburg - Permanent
Ref No: SX0013/18
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
The Anova Health Institute is looking for an organized, analytical, detail oriented individual to serve as an Administrative Officer: Multisectoral HAST (HIV/TB & STI) Programme in the City of Johannesburg’s AIDS council office. The successful candidate will be required to follow procedures with respect to communication, coordination, information processing sequences and/or specific interventions and requirements and seek approval prior to any adjustment/amendment or circulation of records, memorandums, notices, and reports. The successful candidate will be expected to integrate and coordinate the HIV/AIDS multi-sectoral activities within the City of Johannesburg.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to staff members of the AIDS Council secretariat in relation to activities of the unit and diarized meetings and events.
- Provide administrative support to all stakeholders with regard to the AIDS Council meetings and proceedings.
- Liaising and communicating internally with Departments in the City and in the Province involved in this programme e.g. DSD, Wellness and Marketing and externally with sector leaders and other community stakeholders.
- Booking and confirming the meetings and directing guests/invitees to the correct venue, arrange catering and assisting them with travel arrangements.
- Communicating/circulating and confirming agenda items with all invitees prior to meetings.
- Sending out meeting invites and confirm attendance with all relevant invitees.
- Preparing and submitting the minutes of meetings for verification prior to circulation and Circulating verified minutes to all attendees prior to the next scheduled meeting.
- Preparing of presentations and documents for meetings
- Collate, compile/consolidate monthly, quarterly and annual statistical reports and other reports.
- Make arrangement for support visits to the field
- Management of all records, filing and archiving of records.
- Arranges transportation and assists with logistics for VIP visits, and travel arrangements for the team.
- Procurement of resources for the unit campaigns and events.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Degree/Diploma in Office/Operations Management or any relevant qualification
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in administration/office management
- Previous experience in community healthcare management would be an added advantage
- Experience in dealing with Health programmes, preferably HIV/TB & STI
- Takes initiative, ability to learn and work independently
- Organised, analytical, proactive and a team player
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Willing to travel when required
- Computer literate – MS Office (Outlook, word, excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong Interpersonal and excellent relationship skills
Submit your CV and application letter to Stompie Xulu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.